Santec offers Full-band High Performance Tunable Laser System
Product Name: Full-band High Performance Tunable Laser System
Santec, a leading designer and manufacturer of tunable lasers, optical instruments, and fiber-optic components, introduces the Full-band High Performance Tunable Laser System, Full-band TSL that covers the ultra-wide tuning range of 1260 to 1680nm (O-band to U-band). The system combines up to four Santec tunable lasers (TSL-510 and TSL-710) with an optical switch module (OSU-100, new) and control software. The complete Full-band TSL has excellent cost performance, high wavelength accuracy and fast sweeping for use in both R&D and production environments. The Full-band TSL can be easily controlled via GPIB and USB on PC using the custom GUI.
The Full-band TSL may be configured with Santec’s Swept Test System hardware to provide WDL and PDL measurements over the entire tuning range from 1260 to 1680nm.
- Real-time power referencing
1. Accurate WDL/PDL characteristics measurement
– High power repeatability <+/-0.02dB
– High PDL repeatability +/-0.01dB
2. Automatic normalization of laser source power
- Rescaling algorithm
1. High wavelength resolution and accuracy
2. Reduced measurement time
- Multi-channel measurement is available.
- Supporting LabVIEW control software
1. Convenient set up of measurement parameters
2. Data analysis
- Optical components and modules characterization
– Tunable Filters, Interleavers, Fiber Bragg Gratings (FBGs), Couplers, Splitters, Isolators, Switches
– WSS, Wavelength Blockers
– DWDM components
- Photonic material characterization
- Optical spectroscopy
This product will be exhibited at OFC2015.
For more information please contact Santec at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Santec Corporation was established in 1979. It is headquartered in Komaki, Japan and has subsidiaries in NJ, USA (Santec U.S.A. Corporation), London, UK (Santec Europe Ltd.) and China (Santec (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.). It is listed on the JASDAQ Market – a section of the Tokyo Securities Exchange. The company serves customers in more than 30 countries; these include most of the world’s major telecommunications companies, telecommunication system manufacturers and medical equipment companies.
Santec’s products include a broad range of optical components and tunable laser light sources for the optical fiber communication industry, together with a range of fiber optic test and measurement instruments.