Press Release Letter for New Product Programmable Wavelength & Bandwidth Tunable Filter, OTF-980
Product Name: Programmable Wavelength & Bandwidth Tunable Filter
Production code: OTF-980
Santec, a leading design and manufacturer of tunable lasers, optical instruments, OCT products, and fiber-optic components, has developed a new programmable optical tunable filter (OTF-980) that combines wide C+L band tunability with of bandwidth tuning and ultra-steep filter slope. The OTF-980 features a two-fold improvement in filter slope over the previous model. Designed from the ground up to optimize usability the OTF-980 can be controlled manually by a built-in touchscreen panel or automated via GPIB, Ethernet and USB interfaces. Ultra-steep slope filters are an important tool for testing next-generation ultra-high speed optical communication signals with speeds of 400 Gb/s or more. The OTF-980 is used for channel selection, ASE noise filtering and transmission testing. Built with novel, free-space custom optics and an ultra-fine tuning mechanism, the OTF-980 ensures precise filter control and a flat-top passband shape.
The OTF-980 line up consists of two versions depending on transmission bandwidth range and slope shape. The Ultrafine type has 0.08 to 4nm adjustable bandwidth with a filter slope of 400dB/nm, and the Ultrafine-Plus type has 0.03 to 3nm bandwidth tuning with our steepest filter slope, 1000dB/nm. The fully programmable OTF-980 has automatic adjustment of the filter center wavelength and bandwidth. An integrated power meter monitors output power and features a peak search function.
- Wavelength range: 1525-1610nm (C&L Band)
- Bandwidth range:
Ultrafine 0.08 – 4.0nm, Ultrafine-Plus 0.03 – 3.0nm
- Flat-top filter shape with a steep filter slope
Ultrafine 500dB/nm (typ.), Ultrafine-Plus 1000dB/nm (typ.)
- Peak search function
- Touchscreen and GPIB/Ethernet/USB interfaces
- 100Gb/s, 400Gb/s transmission test
- DWDM channel filtering
- ASE noise filtering
- Next generation bundle wavelength OXC
This product will be exhibited at ECOC 2015 at Valencia, Spain from 28th September.
For more information please contact Santec at: email@example.com.
* Santec Corporation was established in 1979. It is headquartered in Komaki, Japan and has subsidiaries in NJ, USA (Santec U.S.A. Corporation), London, UK (Santec Europe Ltd.) and China (Santec (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.). It is listed on the JASDAQ Market – a section of the Tokyo Securities Exchange. The company serves customers in more than 30 countries; these include most of the world’s major telecommunications companies, telecommunication system manufacturers and medical equipment companies.
Santec’s products include a broad range of optical components and tunable laser light sources for the optical fiber communication industry, together with a range of fiber optic test and measurement instruments.