Build a Bright Future
Do you like what you have seen? We would love to review your qualifications and resume. Please let us know that you are interested by contacting one of our worldwide locations.
|Product Line Manager
The Candidate's job experiences shall include product-line managements, sales or R&D of optical components and other products. To fulfill the responsibilities, Candidate will need to comply with the following conditions.
Engineers/researchers are involved in prototyping, proof of concept work collaborating with the team, contract R&D companies, suppliers, university collaborators as well as concurrent engineering with the team in HQ in Japan.
Candidates should have good communication skills for collaborations. Engineering, physics or computer science background, or BS, MS degree in these fields are preferred. Programming skill is plus. Japanese language skill is plus. May require travel to HQ in Japan for initial training or periodic meetings.
The Candidate's initial job responsibilities shall include the sale of Fiber Optic Components and other products. To fulfill the responsibilities, Candidate will need to perform the following functions:
- Make sales calls and contact prospective customers, negotiate specifications, pricing and delivery in order to increase sales.
- Demonstrate products and their usage. keep up to date product knowledge.
- Travel to customer locations to makes sales presentations and other locations as needed.
- Create and forward quotations and other technical proposals to customers.
- Communicate with the production and research and development staffs of Santec in both the United States and Japan, as well as any other locations Santec may have.
- Employee will also be expected to make post-sale follow ups with the customers, submit weekly and monthly projected goals, strategies and sales planning reports as well as quarterly and annual goal and achievement reports.eriments.
|Technical Sales / Application Engineer - Optics
This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer to use their technical skills in a business environment.Santec is a dynamic, high-tech company, manufacturing fibre optic components, test instruments and 3D imaging products. These are sold into a variety of industries including telecom, medical imaging, industrial imaging, silicon photonics, quantum optics and laser processing. Santec has an excellent reputation and established sales base including many tier 1 customers.
Using a consultative approach, you will be required to provide pre and post sales technical support to customers throughout Europe. A successful candidate should have a solid technical background in physics, with an interest in optics and a willingness to apply this knowledge in a sales environment. Working in a small team, you will be encouraged to take full responsibility for each client and business opportunity.
You will be required to:
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical advice to customers.
- Take responsibility for the sales process - end-to-end, technical & commercial.
- Manage existing accounts, establish relationships and become a trusted advisor.
- Adopt a pro-active approach to develop new business and accounts.
- Demonstrate Santec’s equipment at customer premises and trade shows.
- Follow market trends and customer feedback to propose design improvements and new products.
- Have a degree (BSc or above) in Physics or Engineering and be familiar with optics.
- Be organized to manage multiple projects.
- Be able to work autonomously.
- Have good communication skills both oral and written.
- Have a full clean driving licence and be willing to travel.
- Be inspired by working in an international environment.
The position offers an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and versatile individual. It is a unique opportunity as a commercial role where your technical knowledge will be valued, and further developed. Full support and training will be provided.
You must be a British national or have appropriate visa to work in the UK. This is a full-time position, working in either our London or Didcot (Oxfordshire) office. Applications are welcome for recent graduates as well as those with experience.